Mocktoberfest, in partnership with The Mira Theatre Guild, is raising funds for Mocktoberfest Kids, a free music program for Vallejo youth. The program goal is to provide 10 kids with an introductory set of 10 lessons with a reputable instructor and a musical instrument to keep.
The program design allows for interest-driven study. Participants choose the instrument and style or genre of his or her personal interest. Music programs in this area are scarce. Mocktoberfest’s goal is to bring access to high caliber instructors and instruments so that kids may enjoy the lifelong growth and opportunities music education provides.
|September through December||Application period open|
|December 31st||Application period closes|
|January||Participants chosen by lottery|
|by January 31st||Participants notified|
|February to March||Instruments awarded|
|April through August||Lessons held|
How to Enter
- Download the application form (click here)
- Print and complete the application form
- Detach and mail the completed application to:
- TJ Walkup Presents
- Bldg. 153 Waterfront at 4th St.
- Mare Island
- Vallejo, CA 94590
- No purchase necessary
- Applicant must be age 12 to 18 and a Vallejo resident at the close of the application period (Dec. 31, 2014)
- Form must be completed and signed by a parent or guardian over 18
How Applicants Are Chosen
Participants will be chosen by random drawing after the application period has closed. All chosen participants will be informed of their status by January 31, 2015.
Information will not be shared with any third party and is used solely to verify applicant’s eligibility and to contact the applicant.